Frequently Asked Questions
The National Home Watch Association is the industry leading authority and “Gold Standard” on Home Watch Services in the Canada, the USA and Australia. They define “Home Watch” as “a visual inspection of a home or property, looking for obvious issues”. Airdrie Home Watch Services will strive to exceed your expectations.
Yes, we are proud to say we are “fully accredited members” of the National Home Watch Association (NWHA).
To become accredited, a company must go through a rigorous screening and selection process. Not all companies who apply are accepted into this Association. References are checked and security checks, insurance, bonding and licensing requirements are independently verified. Further, every member must abide by their Code of Ethics and set of standards. This accreditation process designed to protect you, our most valued client!
You can confirm our accredited member status by visiting the NWHA website and look under Accredited Member locations or by contacting NWHA directly at 1-843-357-6660.
- Professionally trained, security cleared, licensed, insured and bonded.
- Having professionals look after your property will give you peace of mind.
- Packages designed to meet/exceed your insurance requirements.
- You will have your own personal “Client Portal” and see “Home Check” reports as well as images of your property while you’re away.
- Gives your home that “Lived in” look while you’re away.
- Vacant homes may be vulnerable to: break-ins, water leaks, electrical issues, storm damage, etc.. While we cannot prevent these issues from occurring, we can detect them for you and work with you to see you return to your home safely.
- The potential for an occurrence will be discussed with you in advance and an appropriate response agreed upon, be that an emergency or non-urgent matter.
- Upon detection during our visit, our immediate action will ensure a quick and suitable response.
- If a situation was to occur and is an emergency, it will be handled in the safest, most secure and cost effective manner. You will be contacted as soon as reasonably possible.
- In a non-emergency, we will establish communication with you and be there for you as the repairs are completed.
- Every insurance policy is different. Check with your insurance policy and or agent to see what their requirements are. We will work with you to tailor a package that will meet or exceed your requirements.
- Once the site inspection is complete a full report including time and date stamped images will be uploaded to your personal account on our website.
- In the event of a claim being required, we will be able to provide those reports to you for your insurance company.
When you reach out to us for service, several things will happen. We determine your needs and expectations. We will gather information regarding your property so we can prepare for a visit to your home. During the home visit (COVID rules followed), we will go over our Home Watch service packages and any add-ons you may be interested in. We will then conduct a walk through with you to show you what we will be checking on every visit. Pricing depends on the size of your home and property. If you decide to move forward, we will go over the necessary paperwork and obtain a set of keys and have your very own “client portal” set up. The rest is in our hands.
One of the features that sets us apart from others is our “Client Portal”. Every client will have a “Client Portal” set up, unique to them. With your own user ID and Password you can access the portal at any time. Within the portal, you will be able to find all Home Watch reports, videos and photos taken during our checks. Any issues of concern will be noted in the reports and followed up with an email, text or phone call, depending on the urgency of the issue found. The contents of the portal can be critical when dealing with your insurance company, should the need arise.
Reasons to consider hiring us to look after your most expensive possession.
- Locally owned and operated.
- We are licensed, insured and bonded and security cleared.
- Extensive backgound in law enforcement and highly detailed oriented.
- Certified Home Watch Professionals.
- Fully Accredited Members of the National Home Watch Association.
- Your unique “Client Portal”, giving you access to home check reports, photos and videos.